For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past and the present are certain to miss the future.
A risk is a chance you take; if it fails you can recover. A gamble is a chance taken; if it fails, recovery is impossible.
Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.
There is no-one who cannot vastly improve their leadership through study.
I would define leadership as the projection of personality. It is that combination of persuasion, compulsion and example that makes other people do what you want them to do.
Leadership is the art of achieving more than the science of management says is possible.
We should be doing something even better than you could do for yourself. Otherwise, why hire an advisor?
Think to the Finish
The Five Ninths Panel
Contributors to our articles are:
David, a retired Royal Marines Major General, with extensive practical experience of leading national and multi-national teams and organisations - military and civilian - on politically sensitive and high profile operations and assignments worldwide.
Richard has advised on policy at the highest level of government and currently advises a major, multi-national, innovative business on a wide range of issues
Edward was a senior partner in a major global advisory practice and his experience delivers convincing, knowledgeable and relevant opinion
CASE STUDY - A NATIONAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY
What Was the Challenge?
A leading national engineering consultancy faced:
- Falling business profitability
- High staff turnover rates
- Growing boardroom tension
What Did We Do?
- Listened to management and met with a cross section of staff
- Developed a plan to reduce senior management in an efficient manner
- Increased understanding of the business strategy by all staff
- Developed an incentivisation scheme which improved staff retention
What Was the Result?
- Significantly improved profitability
- Tangible staff alignment behind the business plan
- Transparent succession plan which reduced staff turnover
- Improved leadership
"The practical support and clear advice from Five Ninths allowed us change how we work - the plan they developed for us has been fundamental to a significant improvement in our position and had been of benefit to all"